Monday, February 9, 2015

A Thousand and One Welcomes!

Since Kit took the time to introduce herself and welcome you, I figure that means I should as well. So here it goes!


Home-body, voracious reader, hot beverage lover, movie buff (particularly Sci-fi), professional chef, wanna-be gardener, and fan of singing as loudly as possible (high ceilings are the best thing ever). I may also be extremely sarcastic.

I live in the back woods of Minnesota, which means the closest grocery/shopping is a 45 minute
drive. I also have a degree in culinary arts and cook professionally. However, after cooking at work all day, the last thing I want to do is spend a few hours on supper.

Therefore, most of my home cooking involves foods that have a longer shelf life, that can be prepared in 30 min, and that are somewhat healthy while satisfying my inner foodie desires. The tangent of this is that I LOVE cooking. So I do occasionally get in my kitchen and spend all day on a meal just for myself. But these impulses are fairly rare, so you can generally expect 1-2 person meals that take 30 minutes-1 hour.

All that being said, thank you for coming to spend some time with us. We are excited to share our food passions and sometimes randomness with you.

Food science rules!

Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment